About WBPSC Exam: Hello every one. You may be very familiar of the Public Service Commission examinations which are considered to be one of the important and Professional courses. A lot of importance is given to the person who had got qualified in the examination. Now let me explain you one of the segments of the Public Service commission examinations. Each and every state involves in conducting PSC examinations and WBPSC is one amongst them. The full form of WBPSC is West Bengal Public Service Commission. It came into force from 1st October 1965.
Various examinations organized by the WBPSC are listed out below. Candidates interested to enter into the Public Service Commission of West Bengal state may get in to the organization by qualifying in any one of the examinations stated hereby. They are Group-I/II/IV/V/VI/VII/VIII (A/B) Services, Combined Subordinate Services examination (CSSE-I/II), Medical Services, Agricultural Services, Educational Services, Fisheries Services, Forensic Services, General Subordinate Services, Industrial Services, Labor Services, Jail Subordinate Services, Handloom and Textiles Services and many more segments accordingly. WBPSC is termed to be one of the most respectable qualifications in West Bengal State. Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. It is conducted in three phases, a Preliminary examination, Mains examination and Personal interview. The entire process from notification to preliminary examination and declaration of the final results roughly take a period of one year. Here in this explanatory session we will get to know the clear details regarding each and every examination held up with WBPSC, eligibility criteria, core syllabus etc.
WBPSC Exam Eligibility:
Candidates interested to apply for WBPSC examination must definitely be a resident of West Bengal state.
Educational Qualification for WBPSC Exam
- A degree(or) its equivalent Qualification in a relevant stream from a Central, State or Deemed university either through correspondence or distance education
- Any qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent
WBPSC Exam Age Limit
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 40 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
- For OBC the upper age limit is 40
- For SC and ST the limit is 45 years.
How Many times can we apply for WBPSC Exam?
Accordingly to the age limit mentioned above, candidates may apply as many times as possible up to the upper age limit and upon attaining their maximum age they aren’t allowed to take WBPSC examination.
STAGES IN WBPSC EXAM:
WBPSC Civil services exam is conducted in three phases Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personal interview as mentioned earlier. Notification for exam comes in April and Prelims falls in August. The prelims result comes in September. The Mains exam falls in December and result is out mostly in Feb/ March.
Stage I: A Preliminary examination (Objective Section) consisting of objective-type paper which covers subjects like General Science, English, General Mental Ability, Indian National Movement, Indian Polity and Economy, Geography, current Affaire and History.
Stage II: A mains examination is subjective section, the compulsory and optional subjects and the maximum marks fixed for each subject is explained below
- Paper I Language 100 marks
- English Essay Writing 100 marks
- Paper III General Knowledge and current affairs 100 marks
- Paper IV Constitution of India and 5 year plans
- Paper V Arithmetic Test with Reasoning
WBPSC FEE STRUCTURE:
- Candidates applying offline (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100 (one hundred rupees only) through a single Central Recruitment Fee Stamp.
- All Female Candidates, Physically handicapped and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes are exempted for paying the application fee
- Candidate claiming age relaxation/fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their detailed application form, a certified copy of the caste/Percentage of Disability from a Government Hospital/Medical Board in support of his claim for being physically handicapped.
** For more information regarding Recruitment notification, admit cards and other academic core details kindly check in our official website http://hiremeguru.com **