About PPSC Exam: Hello every one. You may be very familiar of the Public Service Commission examinations which are considered to be one of the important and Professional courses. A lot of importance is given to the person who had got qualified in the examination and now let me explain you one of the segments of the Public Service commission examinations. Each and every state involves in conducting PSC examinations and PPSC is one amongst them. The full form of PPSC is Punjab Public Service Commission. It came into force from 1st October 1923. PPSC aims in consistently creating and nurturing a Public Service which is independent, impartial, Ethical, Effective and Being Capable to meet new-new challenges faced by the government. It also gives a tremendous response to the growing expectations of the Public at large and marginalized sections in particular.
Various examinations organized by the PPSC are listed out below. Candidates interested to enter into the Public Service Commission of Punjab state may get in to the organization by qualifying in any one of the examinations stated hereby. They are Group-I/II/IV/V/VI/VII/VIII (A/B) Services, Combined Subordinate Services examination (CSSE-I/II), Medical Services, Agricultural Services, Educational Services, Fisheries Services, Forensic Services, General Subordinate Services, Industrial Services, Labor Services, Jail Subordinate Services, Handloom and Textiles Services and many more segments accordingly. PPSC is termed to be one of the most respectable qualifications in Punjab State. Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. It is conducted in three phases, a Preliminary examination, Mains examination and Personal interview. The entire process from notification to preliminary examination and declaration of the final results roughly take a period of one year. Here in this explanatory session we will get to know the clear details regarding each and every examination held up with PPSC, their eligibility, core syllabus etc.
PPSC Exam Eligibility:
Candidates interested to apply for PPSC examination must definitely be a resident of Punjab state. Other state candidates aren’t allowed to get recruited through PPSC within Punjab state as it is a state wise examination.
Educational Qualification for PPSC Exam
- A degree(or) its equivalent Qualification in a relevant stream from a Central, State or Deemed university either through correspondence or distance education
- Any qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent
PPSC Exam Age Limit
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
- For OBC the upper age limit is 35
- For SC and ST the limit is 37 years.
How Many times can we apply for PPSC Exam?
Accordingly to the age limit mentioned above, candidates may apply as many times as possible up to the upper age limit and upon attaining their maximum age they aren’t allowed to take PPSC examination.
PPSC EXAM PATTERN:
PPSC Civil services exam is conducted in three phases Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personal interview as mentioned earlier. Notification for exam comes in April and Prelims falls in August. The prelims result comes in September. The Mains exam falls in December and result is out mostly in Feb/ March.
Stage I: A preliminary examination (Objective Section) consisting of two objective-type papers (general studies and aptitude test). Candidates applied for the examination is tested with the General Knowledge questionnaires up to the recent time of the examination and Aptitude test to check the accuracy and speed of the candidates.
Stage II: A mains examination is subjective section, the compulsory and optional subjects and the maximum marks fixed for each subject is explained below
- Paper I English 100 marks
- Essay 100 marks
- —The candidate may opt to write the Essay either in English or Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script)
- Paper III Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) 100 marks
- IV & V General Studies (Two papers of 100 marks each) 200marks
- VI to IX Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects accordingly to the candidates choice and HIS/HER previous educational background and Each subject will have two papers 400 marks
- Interview 100
PPSC FEE STRUCTURE:
- Candidates applying offline (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100 (one hundred rupees only) through a single Central Recruitment Fee Stamp.
- All Female Candidates, Physically handicapped and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes are exempted for paying the application fee
Candidate claiming age relaxation/fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their detailed application form, a certified copy of the caste/Percentage of Disability from a Government Hospital/Medical Board in support of his claim for being physically handicapped.