Odisha PSC Exam: Generally common people search for the latest Govt jobs conducted by the concerned state government. But in this process well talentedly forget to go through the Public Service examinations. Hence today in this session let us clearly discuss one of the PSC examination in the state of Odisha. The OPSC Full form is Odisha Public Service Commission. The OPSC was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the OPSC the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman. The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
OPSC Exam Details
Various examinations organized by the Odisha PSC are listed out below. Candidates interested to enter into the Public Service Commission of OPSC Eligibility criteria may get in to the organization by qualifying in any one of the examinations stated hereby. They are Group-I/II/IV/V/VI/VII/VIII (A/B) Services, Combined Subordinate Services examination (CSSE-I/II), Agricultural Services, Medical Services, Educational Services, Fisheries Services, Forensic Services, General Subordinate Services, Industrial Services, Labour Services, Jail Subordinate Services, Handloom and Textiles Services and many more. OPSC Full form is termed to be one of the highest qualifications in the state of Odisha. Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. It is conducted in three phases, a Preliminary examination and a Mains examination. The entire process from notification to preliminary examination and declaration of the final results roughly take a period of one year. Here in this explanatory session we will get to know the clear details regarding each and every section of OPSC Jobs, OPSC Eligibility criteria, OPSC Application form Etc.
Stages of OPSC Exam: The Odisha PSC Examination consists of three stages where in Preliminary Examination shortly Prelims, Mains and Finally Interview is conducted.
Stage- I: Preliminary Examination: This exam is shortly called as Prelims exam. It consists of Objective based questions conducted to test the speed, accuracy and mainly the memory of the candidates who had applied for Odisha PSC. It consists of single paper mainly General studies of 200 marks. Questions are covered regarding topics like General Science, History, Nagaland state details, Geography, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian National Movement, General mental ability, current events of the state as well the country Negative marking is also applicable hence aspirants are required to mark the answers only when you know the correct answer for the question.
Stage-II: Mains Examination: This examination is completely in descriptive nature each of 200 marks and it consists of three papers which are listed out herein Paper-I Language(General Essay), Paper-II General studies-I, Paper-III General studies-II.
Stage-III: Physical test: an interview is conducted to test the behaviour of the candidate.
Is there any Qualifying Mark for OPSC Eligibility criteria?
Yes, in each Question paper essential qualifying marks for unreserved category will be 33% and 23% for reserved and handicapped candidates. Aspirants will be short listed for main examination on the basis of merit.
Educational Qualification to get in OPSC: Graduation or nay of its equivalent educational qualification in any discipline only for the residents of Odisha state.
OPSC Age Limit:
- GENERAL: 33 Years,
- OBC: 35 Years,
- SC / ST / NT: 38Years
How to apply & appear for OPSC exam?
- Kindly check the official OPSC website for Groups Notification or else for a specified sector which you are looking to get in for. Candidates may also check in the local newspapers for latest government jobs in Odisha state.
- Purchase the OPSC exam application form available in your locality. The application form consists of OPSC Exams Information Brochure, along with other requisite forms like information, Including OPSC exam venues, how to fill in the OPSC application form, etc.
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary details and submit it with the requisite fees to The Head Post Office before the last date of application.
- Candidates who had applied for OPSC Groups examination will be intimated about the exam centre, date and time of the exam.
- Study materials are available in the local market student may either purchase them else may take a coaching in the reputed coaching centers
- Be concentrated and focus on the subjects so that it will be easy for you to take the examination and qualify for
- Sit for the exam on the given date and time in the venue allotted to you.
- Answer the questions only if you know that your answer is correct as negative marking is applicable
OPSC Application fee: There is a fee exemption for all SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates. Only General and OBC candidates are required to pay Rs.100 as application fee
** For more information regarding Recruitment notification, admit cards and other academic core details kindly check in our official website http://hiremeguru.com/home/**