About Meghalaya PSC: Hello everyone many of you may be familiar with the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examinations and only aim for that examination to settle up your career. But in each and every state Public service examinations were conducted to bring out the real talent of the candidates and recruit them into various Government organizations. Today in this session let us clearly discuss one of the segments of the Public Services Examinations i.e. Meghalaya PSC. The full form of Meghalaya PSC is Meghalaya Public Service Commission. It came into existence from 14th September 1972. Meghalaya PSC mainly recruits the aspirants accordingly through Group-I/II/III/IV/V. other departments like Combined Subordinate Services examination (CSSE-I/II), Agricultural Services, Medical Services, Educational Services, Fisheries Services, Forensic Services, General Subordinate Services, Industrial Services, Labor Services, Jail Subordinate Services, Handloom and Textiles Services, Officer, District Inspector, Director of Prohibition and Excise, District Transport Officer and many more also release notifications and recruit candidates accordingly by the score based on the performance in the examination conducted by Meghalaya PSC.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of
- Age Limit: Candidates age shall not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years. Age Relaxation was also applicable as per Government rule. The upper age limit is for SC/ST is 5 years, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for persons with disabilities. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC who are also physically handicapped will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a degree certification of any University incorporated in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament
How many attempts can be taken by an applicant?
- 6 attempts in case of general category candidates
- 9 attempts for OBC candidates,
- No restriction for SC/ST candidates who are otherwise eligible.
- A physically disabled person will get as many attempts as are available
Meghalaya PSC Exam structure:
Meghalaya PSC Examination is held in three stages:
STAGE –I: Preliminary Examination: It consists of two papers General Studies (150 marks) and one optional subject (300 marks). It consists of negative marking hence aspirants are requested to mark the answers only when they know it perfectly.
STAGE-II Mains Exam – This is a descriptive natured exam in which five papers were quite compulsory out of which two papers are completed based on language test Hindi and Essay Writing, General studies and two more optional papers. Candidate must secure minimum qualifying mark in each paper
STAGE-III: Interview for 100 marks is conducted to test the student’s behavior, nature and examine HIM/HER in all aspects by questioning them regarding subject matters and test their knowledge to set a bench mark.
Optional Subjects for Both Prelims&Mains:
General Science, Current events National and international, History of India and salient features of Meghalaya state, General Geography and geographical division of Meghalaya, Major Rivers system of Meghalaya, Indian Polity and Economy, Major Changes in Economy of Meghalaya and complete India, Indian national movement, Part of Meghalaya in Indian National Movement also.
Meghalaya PSC Application fee:
It is different for all the category students. In case of General category students the application fee is of Rs. 300. In case of SC/ST it is Rs.150. no fee for Women candidates of any category and physically challenged aspirants.
How to apply&appear for Meghalaya PSC Examination?
- Kindly check the official Meghalaya PSC website for Groups Notification or else for a specified sector which you are looking to get in for. Candidates may also check in the local news papers for latest government jobs in Meghalaya state.
- In case if you wish to apply online check in the notification for Meghalaya PSC Prelims Exam and fill in all your details by attaching a passport sized Photograph and Signature
- If the candidates wishes to apply offline through application form then Purchase the Meghalaya PSC exam application form available in your locality. The application form comes within a Meghalaya PSC Exams Information Brochure, along with other requisite forms. This Meghalaya PSC Exams Information Brochure gives all the requisite information, including Meghalaya PSC exam venues, how to fill in the Meghalaya PSC application form, etc.
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary details and submit it with the requisite fees to the Head Post Office before the last date of application.
- Candidates who had applied for Meghalaya PSC Groups examination will be intimated about the exam center, date and time of the exam.
- Study materials are available in the local market student may either purchase them else may take a coaching in the reputed coaching centers
- Be concentrated and focus on the subjects so that it will be easy for you to take the examination and qualify for
- Sit for the exam on the given date and time in the venue allotted to you.
- Answer the questions only if you know that your answer is correct as negative marking is applicable.
** For more information regarding Recruitment notification, admit cards and other academic core details kindly check in our official website http://hiremeguru.com **